NH1 News Seeks Television Newscast Producers
Based in the brand new NH1 Media Center in Concord, NH1 is looking for experienced and engaged television newscast producers. They will be responsible for developing, producing, and editing content for a multi-platform news organization. While the Producers’ primary focus are directed to television newscast production, they will work closely with and contribute to NH1 radio, NH1.com and a mobile app. The position reports to the Executive Producer.
· Works with Executive Producer to decide story selection, placement, length, editorial treatment and overall presentation of the newscast.
· Creates and manages the newscast rundown of stories.
· Determines writing assignments for associate producers, anchors, and reporters/MMJ’s.
· Interacts directly with graphics and technical staff.
· Works directly with anchors regarding newscast content.
· Writes and produces newscast teases.
· Selects and edits video for designated news stories.
· Editorial point person in control room during live news broadcasts.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, or related field.
· Minimum 2 years experience in newscast producing.
· Must have exceptional writing and editorial skills.
· Ability to adapt to fast breaking news developments.
· Creative production skills.
· Must possess video editing skills or be willing to be trained in editing for broadcast.
· Must be a news junkie who stays current on content and trends.
· Must be team player and an enthusiastic newsroom leader.
· Strong Control Room Skills- Decisive, Calm Under Pressure, and Effective Communicator.
Please send resume, salary history relevant work examples to email@example.com.
NH1 and Binnie Media are Equal Opportunity Employers.